Install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Install first the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Tools by going to the saved directory of downloaded installation files from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/bb410792.aspx.
Double click the SQLEXPR.EXE.
- Then wait until the extraction of files has completed.
- Click the checkbox to accept the End User License Agreement then click Next.
- Click Install. Then the SQL Pre-requisite components will be installed.
- Once the required components are installed, click Next.
- Then the Microsoft Server Installation Wizard appears. Click Next to continue.
- Wait until the System Configuration Checking gets completed. Then click Next to continue.
- Click Browse then map the directory for your SQL Express to be installed in. Then notice that the Client Components is marked X.
- Click on that then select Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive. Then the X mark will also disappear in the Connectivity Components and Software Development Kit. Click Next to proceed.
- Enter the Name and Company for Registration Information then click Next to proceed.
- Then the Authentication Mode page proceeds. Select Mixed Mode (SQL and Windows Authentication). Then give a password (alphanumeric characters) on both box, take note of this password. Click Next to proceed.
- For the Error and Usage Report Settings page, UNCHECK the two (2) boxes so it would not send any Error and Feature Usage Report to Microsoft or your corporate error reporting server. Click Next to proceed.
- Click Install to proceed.
- Then click “Next” when the installation has been completed.
- Then setup has completed. Click Finish.
Also install SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005 by double clicking the SQL Server2005_SSMSEE.msi.